Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is observed on the third Monday of January annually and marks the birthday of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This holiday is also recognized as a day of service, and is an opportunity to serve your community. Based on data from the 2019 Member Profile and 2019 Firm Profile we can see how REALTORS® are playing a vital role in giving back to their communities.
- 70% of all REALTORS® volunteer in their community, and the typical REALTOR® who volunteers is 53 years old.
- 62% of REALTORS® aged 50 or older volunteer in their community.
- 68% of the REALTORS® volunteering are women, and 32 percent are men.
- 16% of volunteers were fluent in a language other than English.
- REALTORS® who volunteered typically had previous careers in management, business, or financial field (17%), sales or retail (15%), and education (8%).
- Among firms, there is encouragement for REALTORS® to volunteer. Seventy-nine percent encourage volunteering in the local community, 40% encourage volunteering with their local association, 23% encourage volunteering with their state association of REALTORS®, and 16% with the National Association of REALTORS®.